For the first time in quite a few years, I got to play volleyball! I absolutely love volleyball! I was never on a team in school, but I took volleyball in college twice cause I had such a ball! (pardon the pun!)
So our stake started ward volleyball competitions in September and of course, I signed up! It was pretty funny when we first started out. It was just a desperate attempt to get the ball back over the net. We had so many good laughs. Then we decided to get more serious and have designated setters and actually have a method to controlling the ball when it was on our side.
We actually were tied for 1st place about 2 weeks ago. Then we lost our game last week which bumped us down to tied for 2nd. Then last night we played and won. Then we found out right after that if we played another ward (same night) and won, we'd play another ward for the spot in regionals!
We came last night expecting to just have fun and play one game. We didn't think we had a chance for regionals. We ended up playing 3 games! We won our first two which sent us to play another ward for the chance to go to regionals. (Sniff, sniff) We lost (to the singles ward. Grrr.) So sad! We were so excited and nervous and super close to winning. They were a good team. (I'm trying to be nice.hehe)
So now we're looking at basketball in a couple of months. Hmm...that will be interesting. I'm not a huge fan of a close contact sport like that, but I just might try it out. We'll see.




1 comments:
That was so fun! Your blog is so cute and so is your little family. Thanks to volleyball, we're friends now. Hurray!
Post a Comment